Research articlesUnder submission
Ikawa and Sugimura.
- 21. Masaki Arata, Kaoru Sugimura, and Tadashi Uemura.
Difference in Dachsous levels between migrating cells coordinates the direction of collective cell migration.
Developmental Cell 42: 479-497 (2017) [PubMed] [Press release]
- 20. Shuji Ishihara, Philippe Marcq, and Kaoru Sugimura.
From cells to tissue: A continuum model of epithelial mechanics.
Physical Review E 96: 022418 (2017) [Journal] [arXiv]
- 19. Yukitaka Ishimoto and Kaoru Sugimura.
A mechanical model for diversified insect wing margin shapes.
Journal of Theoretical Biology 427: 17-27 (2017) [PubMed] [Journal] [arXiv] [ResearchGate]
- 18. Boris Guirao, Stéphane Rigaud, Floris Bosveld, Anaïs Bailles, Jesús López-Gay, Shuji Ishihara, Kaoru Sugimura, François Graner, and Yohanns Bellaïche.
Unified quantitative characterization of epithelial tissue development.
eLife 4; e08519 (2015) [Pubmed] [Journal]
- 17. Mihoko Kajita, Kaoru Sugimura, Atsuko Ohoka, Jemima Burden, Hitomi Suganuma, Masaya Ikegawa, Takashi Shimada, Tetsuya Kitamura, Masanobu Shindoh, Susumu Ishikawa, Sayaka Yamamoto, Sayaka Saitoh, Yuta Yako, Ryosuke Takahashi, Takaharu Okajima, Junichi Kikuta, Yumiko Maijima, Masaru Ishii, Masazumi Tada, and Yasuyuki Fujita.
Filamin acts as a key regulator in epithelial defence against transformed cells.
Nature Communications 5: 4428 (2014) [PubMed]
- 16. Kaoru Sugimura and Shuji Ishihara.
The mechanical anisotropy in a tissue promotes ordering in hexagonal cell packing.
Development 140: 4091-4101 (2013) [Pubmed] [In this issue]
- 15. Kaoru Sugimura, Yohanns Bellaïche, François Graner, Philippe Marcq, and Shuji Ishihara.
Robustness of force and stress inference in an epithelial tissue.
IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2712-2715 (2013) [Pubmed] [arXiv]
- 14. Shuji Ishihara, Kaoru Sugimura, Simon J Cox, Isabelle Bonnet, Yohanns Bellaïche, and François Graner.
Comparative study of non-invasive force and stress inference in tissue.
European Physical Journal E 36: 45 (2013) [PubMed] [The cover article of the issue] [topical issue on physical constraints on morphogenesis and evolution]
- 13. Hiroko Sano, Prabhat S. Kunwar, Andrew D. Renault, Vitor Barbosa, Ivan B.N. Clark, Shuji Ishihara, Kaoru Sugimura, and Ruth Lehmann.
The Drosophila actin regulator ENABLED regulates cell shape and orientation during gonad morphogenesis.
PLoS One 7: e52649 (2012) [PubMed]
- 12. Shuji Ishihara and Kaoru Sugimura.
Bayesian inference of force dynamics during morphogenesis.
Journal of Theoretical Biology 313: 201-211 (2012) [PubMed]
- 11. Shizue Ohsawa, Kaoru Sugimura, Kyoko Takino, and Tatsushi Igaki.
Imaging cell competition in Drosophila imaginal discs.
Methods in Enzymology 506: 407-413 (2012) [PubMed]
- 10. Yuichiro Nakajima, Erina Kuranaga, Kaoru Sugimura, Atsushi Miyawaki, and Masayuki Miura.
Non-autonomous apoptosis is triggered by local cell cycle progression during epithelial replacement in Drosophila.
Molecular and Cellular Biology 31: 2499-2512 (2011) [The cover article of the issue]
Fucci stocks are available from DGRC (#109676, #109677, #109678, and #109679).
- 9. Shizue Ohsawa, Kaoru Sugimura, Kyoko Takino, Tian Xu, Atsushi Miyawaki, and Tatsushi Igaki.
Elimination of oncogenic neighbors by JNK-mediated engulfment in Drosophila.
Developmental Cell 20: 315-328 (2011) [PubMed] [NHK] [The featured article of the issue]
- 8. Daichi Sato, Kaoru Sugimura, Daisuke Satoh, and Tadashi Uemura.
Crossveinless-c, the Drosophila homolog of tumor suppressor DLC1, regulates directional elongation of dendritic branches via down-regulating Rho1 activity.
Genes to Cells 15: 485-500 (2010) [PubMed]
- 7. Kohei Shimono*, Kaoru Sugimura*#, Mineko Kengaku, Tadashi Uemura, and Atsushi Mochizuki#.
*: equal contribution, #: corresponding author
Computational modeling of dendritic tiling by diffusible extracellular suppressor.
Genes to Cells 15: 137-149 (2010) [PubMed]
- 6. Kohei Shimono, Azusa Fujimoto, Taiichi Tsuyama, Misato Yamamoto-Kochi, Motohiko Sato, Yukako Hattori, Kaoru Sugimura, Tadao Usui, Ken-ichi Kimura, and Tadashi Uemura.
Multidendritic sensory neurons in the adult Drosophila abdomen: origins, dendritic morphology, and segment- and age-dependent programmed cell death.
Neural Development 4: 37 (2009) [PubMed]
- 5. Kaoru Sugimura#, Kohei Shimono, Tadashi Uemura, and Atsushi Mochizuki#.
#: corresponding author
Self-organizing mechanism for development of space-filling neuronal dendrites.
PLoS Computational Biology 3: e212 (2007) [PubMed]
- 4. Yukako Hattori*, Kaoru Sugimura*, and Tadashi Uemura.
*: equal contribution
Selective expression of Knot/Collier, a transcriptional regulator of the EBF/Olf-1 family, endows the Drosophila sensory system with neuronal class-specific elaborated dendritic patterns.
Genes to Cells 12: 1011-1022 (2007) [PubMed] [The cover article of the issue]
- 3. Kaoru Sugimura, Daisuke Satoh, Patricia Estes, Stephen Crews, and Tadashi Uemura.
Development of morphological diversity of dendrites in Drosophila by the BTB-zinc finger protein Abrupt.
Neuron 43: 809-822 (2004) [PubMed]
- 2. Arul Subramanian, Andreas Prokop, Misato Yamamoto, Kaoru Sugimura, Tadashi Uemura, Joerg Betschinger, Juergen A Knoblich, and Talia Volk.
Shortstop recruits EB1/APC1 and promotes microtubule assembly at the muscle-tendon junction.
Current Biology 13: 1086-1095 (2003) [PubMed]
- 1. Kaoru Sugimura, Misato Yamamoto, Ryusuke Niwa, Daisuke Satoh, Satoshi Goto, Misako Taniguchi, Shigeo Hayashi, and Tadashi Uemura.
Distinct developmental modes and lesion-induced reactions of dendrites of two classes of Drosophila sensory neurons.
The Journal of Neuroscience 23: 3752-3760 (2003) [PubMed] [This Week in the Journal]